Planting a Victory Garden - ONLINE
Time & Location
About the Event
What is a victory garden?
"Victory Gardens, also called war gardens or food gardens for defense, were vegetable, fruit, and herb gardens planted at private residences and public parks in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Germany during World War I and World War II."
While we aren't having the food rations our country experienced in the past, the COVID19 pandemic has many of us considering our food supply and reliance on commercial grocers.
Topics we'll be covering -
- Deciding what to grow now and the rest of the year
- How much space will you need
- Get started without breaking the bank
- Start from seed or starter plants
- Inexpensive ideas for raised bed and container planters
Optional products available:
Victory Garden starter kit: price **$65** ($80 value)
- "Gardening in 3 feet" - book. This book has such great information and project ideas and instruction
- 4" vegetable starts (8 total)
----Tomatoes, peppers, seed potatoes, lettuces, cabbage, broccoli, peas etc.
- Seed starting tray and dome (3-pc set)
- 24 peat pods
- 1 bag seed starter soil
- Seed variety pack
- Grow light $34.99 *helpful for growing from seed indoors
- Heat mat $19.99 *speeds up the seed germination process
Zoom meeting details:
J&B Garden Center is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Growing a Victory Garden
Time: Apr 8, 2020 05:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial-in audio: (301) 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 969 105 0962
- Victory Gardens$0$00$0